For ultra-sturdy combined sheet pile walls using wide-flanged shapes.
- Hoesch with Larssen interlock
- Larssen U
- Larssen AZ
- steel grade
ASTM Grade 50/60,
ASTM A690 MARINER® steel
General weld guidelines for connectors
- All seams have a = 6 mm (~.236”).
- Both sides have a tip and toe welding continuously of 500 mm (~20.0”).
- Both sides are flex welded in the free length between tip and toe welding with 200 mm/m (~8”/3.28’). The distance from seam to seam is 800 mm (~31.5”) or less.
- In salt water, if a permanent installation, the water side is continuously welded on the whole pile length. Rear side is as above in step #3.
Note: the above is for references purposes only and the welding design must be checked against other considerations such as anchor forces, shear forces and otherwise difficult driving conditions.
- The beams are delivered with the connectors already attached.
- First, install the king piles (beams) as you would in any combined sheet pile wall application.
- Grasp the sheet piling and thread between the already installed beams.
- All welding seams are a minimum ~6mm (~0.25").
- Both sides have a continuous minimum tip and toe welding of ~500mm (~20").
- Both sides are tack welded in the free length between tip and toe welding with ~200mm/m (~8"/yd). The distance from seam to seam is ~800mm (~31.5") or less.
- In salt water, the water side is continuously welded on the whole pile length. Follow the instructions above for the reverse side of the pile, if it is not in contact with salt water.